Friday, December 5, 2008

The Blog, Book Deals, and Doing Things in Reverse

I am working on the Blog. In more ways than one. I have started to learn about layouts and gadgets and html and all sorts of stuff that is making my head hurt.

The thing is, I did things in reverse. Nowadays it's all the rage to be a big blogger and then get a book deal. Well, I sorta got a book deal first and now I'm working on getting my blog presentable for when the book releases on June 2, 2009. "My Life is Over: A handbook for the freaked-out new Dad" will be out in bookstores just in time for Father's day.

I could not be happier about getting a book deal, obviously. It's something I've been working on for over 2 years, and it feels odd that I'm actually going to have to let it go soon. Kind of like being a parent, I suppose.

So think of my blog as a learning experience. Well, for me. All you have to do is read and judge. Now that I've turned the book in and I am waiting for notes I will have a little more time to devote to it. It will start to get prettier, I swear. I am taking the hands on approach and that will continue until you see a blog post filled with cursing, and then about 2 hours later I will probably hire someone.

I will be updating the blog more and give you the skinny on how the book deal came about and how it's going. I'll also be adding gadgets and all sorts of things that I don't really understand.

So let's take this journey into the dark, dense global village together, shall we? Maybe I can borrow your flashlight.

1 comments:

LM said...

Love your style of satrical writing, good luck with the book. LMM

© Copyright • Chris Mancini • All Rights Reserved • Site by Izzy Design